Non-profit International ASN.1 organizations
- The ASN.1 Consortium - an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the use of ASN.1 technology.
- ITU-T ASN.1 Project - the ASN.1 Project was established by SG 7 to assist existing users of ASN.1 within and outside of ITU-T, and to promote the use of ASN.1 across a wide range of industries and standards bodies.
- ITU-T Study Group 17 - Languages for Telecommunication Systems (ITU-T ASN.1 X.680 documents).
Commercial Solutions in the ASN.1 domain
- Talura ASN.1 compiler - an ASN.1:1997 compiler (with partial support of the X.680-series) and a BER/XER encoding run-time engine.
- Boris Nikolaus ASN.1 Compiler - ASN.1:1994 compiler with BER and PER support for C and Java.
- Integrated ASN One - an ASN.1 true Integrated Development Environment (consists of Project Manager, Syntax Editor, Code Wizard, Value Editor, Hex Editor).
- MagicData ASN.1 Converter - a GUI tool for auto analyzing ASN.1 BER/DER encoded data providing the ability to convert and view ASN.1 binary data in CSV format.
- Link Information System Company ASN.1 Analyzer/Editor - a pre-compiler that generates C source files and header files by analyzing ASN.1 descriptions (partial support of the X.680-series), includes a basic library to handle basic data types (supports BER and PER encoding); view and edit data encoded by ASN.1 specifications (X680).
- Atos Origin MARBEN ASNSDK ASN.1 Tools - the product line that provides a powerful set of ASN.1 tools for C, C++ and Java that speeds up the development and the validation of ASN.1 based application, thus, reducing significantly the time to market, it encompasses an ASN.1:1997 compiler together with a complete set of ASN.1 encoder/decoder (PER, BER, DER and XER); includes an ASN.1 to XML translator.
- ASN.1/XML Software Tools from Objective Systems - ASN1C is an ASN.1:2002 compiler that translates ASN.1 source specifications into C, C++, or Java source code; XBinderT is an XML Schema data binding tool that translates XML Schema specifications into C/C++ code for formatting or parsing XML; ASN1VE is ASN.1 Viewer/Editor allows association of an ASN.1 specification with a BER or DER binary message.
- OSS Nokalva ASN.1 Tools - OSS Nokalva is dedicated to providing the highest quality communications development software and support services available (ASN.1 glossary and FAQ; Compiler for both ASN.1:1990 and full ASN.1:1994/1997/2002 with BER, DER and PER; support for ECN and XER; Free ASN.1 Syntax Checker; OSS ECN Tools; OSS ASN-1Step is Debugging and analysis tool, quickly build and verify complex messages; OSS ASN.1 Tools for Java; OSS Visual ASN.1 Tools; OSS ASN.1 XSD Tools which binds XSD schemas to C representations, produces XML and binary encodings based on X.694, validates XSD schemas and XML instances).
- Red Packet Technologies - provides tools and services that make it simple to work with systems defined using ASN.1 (OneDecoder is an ASN.1 Message Decoder; OneBuilder is an ASN.1 Message Editor and Viewer; OneViewer is an ASN.1 Message Editor and Flow Viewer).
- StreamSec ASN.1 Tools - gives support for ASN.1 and DER to Delphi developers (based on the ASN.1:1988 syntax with extensions for type identifiers and open type declarations).
- Q3ADE's Integrated ASN.1, SMI and GDMO Compiler - a compiler and a code generator which compiles and verifies separate ASN.1, SMI and GDMO specifications or any combination of these; the script driven back-end enables the generation of output from the specifications in a wide range of potential output formats like C, C++, JAVA, XML, HTML, and flat file databases.
- uniGone ASN.1 software Asn1Compiler/Asn1Browser - an ASN.1:2002 compiler (with BER, DER and PER encoding and support for XER which generates Java and C#) and an ASN.1 protocol analyzer (which allows the display and analysis of data exchanged by two applications).
Free ASN.1 standalone products
- Gemini Security Solutions GUIdumpASN - allows to view/print a human readable version of an ASN.1 file.
- INRIA MAVROS Compiler - an ASN.1:1990 compiler which is composed of the MAVCOD preprocessor and the MAVROS code generator.
- Erlang/OTP - the Erlang language system with a built-in ASN.1:1990 compiler.
- Forge Research arc ASN.1 Compiler - creates Java classes; the compiler is based on H. Sarent's javacc grammar.
- IBM ASN.1/XML Translator - a translator (based on XERT format) from BER-encoded ASN.1 data to a plain XML document, from a labeled XML document to a plain one or to DER-encoded ASN.1 data, from an ASN.1 abstract syntax definition to a DTD.
Open Source ASN.1 projects
- A2J Compiler Project - a pure Open Source Java toolkit for converting ASN.1 specifications into Java classes (for BER and XER encodings).
- asn1c Compiler - an Open Source ASN.1 compiler (turning formal ASN.1 specifications into C code) shipped together with conformant BER/DER/XER/PER codecs.
- Better ASN by Thawte Technologies Project - a Java ASN.1 API that achieves nearly top encoding efficiency for typical ASN.1 usage (an ASN.1 to Java compiler is provided, facilitating custom extension of the API for any application).
- BinaryNotes - a flexible open source ASN.1 framework for Java and C#.
- Cryptix ASN.1 Kit Project - aims at facilitating the task programmers face in coding, accessing and generating java-bound, both types and values, defined as ASN.1 constructs, or encoded as such.
- III ASN.1 Tool Project - an Open Source ASN.1 compiler with PER and BER support.
- JAC - Java ASN.1 Compiler supporting BER, CER and DER.
- pyasn1 - ASN.1 types and codecs (BER, CER, DER) implementation in Python programming language.
- tlve - a tag-length-value data parser.
- Bouncy Castle - a cryptography API for Java and C# (includes a library for reading and writing encoded ASN.1 objects).
- Libtasn1 - a portable ASN.1 library supporting BER encoding/decoding (written in ANSI C).
Third-party non-ASN1 tools used in this project
- Sun J2SE - Java 2 Standard Edition JRE and SDK (JDK).
- Coco/R - LL(I) parser generator for Modula-2, Pascal, Delphi, C/C++, C#, Java, Icon/UnIcon and Ruby.
- Coco/R (alt) - a modified Coco/R for C# and Java [also an older version available: Coco/R for Java v1.15].
- Colorer-take5 Library - an XML-based syntax highlighting and text parsing library.
- FAR Colorer plugin - FAR Manager editor plugin for text syntax highlighting (using Colorer Library).
- FAR Manager - a program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems.
- Apache Ant - a Java-based build tool.
- MinGW - a GCC toolchain for Win32/x86.